Live Auction 2018
Saturday, December 8, 2018
Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum
Enjoy this rare opportunity to experience Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum from inside the Historic Ford Island Control Tower. Explore and understand many of the unique and historically significant elements that make Ford Island a National Historic site. Your special evening commences with a pre-sunset tour of the control tower and a climb to the upper cab, the only elevated vantage point on all of Pearl Harbor. This experience is not open to the public and is rarely shared. The views, the sunset, and the emotional remembrance creates a most memorable evening. Dinner inside the Aerological Tower, the two-story structure atop the Operations Building that housed the Flight Line Control Cab on December 7, 1941, takes you back in time.
• Exclusive Catered Dinner for six (6)
• Historic overview of the iconic Ford Island Control Tower with special curator experience
• Special champagne toast
Nothing is more exciting than a whirlwind trip to New York City. Round-trip airfare for two (2) to New York included. Step into the fast-paced excitement of New York – museums, historic sites, the arts and sounds of this cultural mecca. Your stay will include special house seats at two select Broadway performances based upon availability along with many surprising extras!
• Round-trip coach travel for two (2) on United Airlines to New York City
• 4-Nights Hotel accommodations
• Broadway tickets for two (2) select shows available at the time of the trip
• Personal concierges support to ensure an amazing experience
Donors: Warren "Skip" Lehman, Mach 2 Management, Inc., United Airlines
Never before offered, this rare opportunity to travel cross-country, at heights of 500 ft. above the ground, the best viewing on the planet, includes many side benefits. If you are interested, and you are a pilot, log hours towards your helicopter rating while in flight. Take the controls and power the trip forward with Grant Norwitz, your “experience” guide. Once you arrive in Oshkosh, hotel, tours, special events all await you. It is an aviators dream. Return flight from Oshkosh on United Airlines.
• Travel to Seattle to start the trip, experience 15 training hours in a Bell Ranger helicopter while flying to the world’s greatest aviation event – AirVenture Oshkosh
• Lodging along the way - hotel, camping, you name it!
• 4-Nights lodging in Oshkosh and VIP EAA AirVenture Experience, golf cart tours of grounds and tickets to the acclaimed Gathering gala
Donors: Grant Norwitz, EAA, United Airlines
8-Night itinerary explores both the Guam Liberation in July 1944 and the epic clash on Iwo Jima in February – March 1945 as the imperial Japanese Empire Expansion is pushed back during WWII in the Pacific. After some informative tours of Guam, enjoy the ambiance and fun of the Outrigger Resort’s central location and ample pools and beach. There will be a symposium where you will get a chance to hear Veterans tell their inspiring stories as well as an informative photo presentation of the battle unfurled before a gala banquet. Attend the 75th Anniversary Commemoration on Iwo Jima where the official U.S. and Japanese Government delegation consisting of represen-tatives from the Armed Services will meet you at the Memorial above Red Beach. Visits to Mt. Suribachi and the Landing Beaches to walk the “Black Sands” are scheduled. The Iwo Jima Association of America (IJAA) in cooperation with United Airlines will have a chartered jet for the day-long visit to walk the battlefields of this epic clash during the Pacific War to remember and memorialize those young men who gave their lives during the savage campaign for the island. Late in the day, return to the airfield where this historic day began, to gather one last time in friendship and camaraderie on the sacred soil of Iwo Jima. Guam will again be the base of operations for the IJAA Battle Symposium and 75th Anniversary Banquet.
Round trip airfare to Guam NOT Included.
Iwo Jima Tour Includes:
• Deluxe Hotel accommodations at the Outrigger Resort, Guam on Tumon Bay
• Charter jet to Iwo Jima
• Deluxe air conditioned motor coach transportation on Guam
• Five breakfasts and lunches and four dinners including the Iwo Jima Banquet
• Airport transfers
• Tours featuring Military Historical & Cultural sites and battlefields
Enjoy an incredible six (6) nights in the Napa Valley - together or split into two separate trips. Experience includes 3 nights at the private 3 bedroom residence of Larry Turley at his Winery and Vineyards in Templeton, California. Enjoy spectacular lodging in this private home, a VIP tasting, and 4 bottles of Turley wines. The next part of your experience includes a 3 night stay at the Laki's Vineyard Guest House as guests of Eleven Eleven. This amazing gated, French inspired Country Home nestled in the heart of the California's Napa Valley is surrounded by acres of rich Cabernet Sauvignon vineyards, a private, elegant getaway. The 2500 square-foot home includes 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths, marble bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen and stunning dining area, spacious backyard with heated outdoor pool, hot tub and barbeque area Enjoy all that the Wine Country has to offer.
Compliment your wine tasting with a thrilling flight - a forty-five minute cruise over the Napa Valley in a fully restored vintage World War ll primary trainer called a Fairchild PT-19. On the journey to become a fighter pilot, cadets would begin their training in the PT-19, move on to the BT-13 and then the AT-6 or SNJ. Whether they went on to become fighter or bomber pilots, the fun and challenge began in the PT-19. Expect the same thrill!
DONORS: Eleven Eleven, Paula Kornell, Nellcote, Chef Holly Peterson, United Airlines, Larry & Suzanne Turley
Travel to the Kenai Fjords National Park in the scenic harbor tower of Seward, Alaska and join the Major Marine Orca Quest Cruise. The newest adventure, the Orca Quest Cruise from mid-May through mid-June provides the best opportunity to watch the whales that frequent the waters outside Seward in search of food. These incredible marine mammals are distinguishable by their prominent dorsal fins, which can grow up to six feet tall, and, their fascinating social behaviors. Rather than following a set cruise route, your experience will visit the places where orca whales have been seen, giving you a unique cruising experience. You may also hear the haunting calls of these animals through the onboard hydrophone. This will be your most memorable Alaska experience.
• Travel for two (2) to Alaska on Alaska Airlines
• Hotel for 4 nights in the Harbor 360
• Major Marine Orca Quest Cruise
• Complimentary beverages and snacks
The Harbor 360 Hotel includes incredible views of the small boat harbor and the surrounding Kenai Mountains. It is within walking distance to Seward’s finest restaurants and shops and the Alaska Railroad depot. It features an indoor pool, hot tub and full complimentary breakfast.
Donors: Harbor 36 Hotel Major Maring Tours, Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum, Alaska Airlines
The thrill, the speed, the excitement of NASCAR – all yours with this incredible auction package provided by Eddie Gossage, President, Texas Motor Speedway. Your package puts you in the middle of the action, at the Victory Lane Club, and so much more.
Here are the inclusions:
• Round trip airfare for two on United Airlines
• 4 nights hotel at the Residence Inn Fort Worth – 1 bedroom/bath suite with fireplace
And these race day values:
For the NASCAR XFINITY Series My Bariatric Solutions 300 race on March 30:
• Two (2) Victory Lane Club Tickets
• Two (2) VIP Credentials
• One (1) VIP parking pass
For the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series O’Reilly Auto Parts 50 race on March 31:
• Round trip air fare for two on United Airlines
• Two (2) Victory Lane Club Tickets
• Two (2) VIP Credentials
• One (1) VIP parking pass
Donors: Eddie Gossage, Texas Motor Speedway
Your fabulous experience launches from Beijing, known to westerners as Peking, the seat of power for the Han Emperors. Tour the Forbidden City and the Great Wall and then travel to the historic Xian, viewing the intact city wall that dwarfs those seen in Europe. The note to be missed “true wonder of the world” Terra Cotta Warriors is also on the schedule. The final jewel is Shanghai where the Western Powers got their first foothold in China. The Bund, the buildings of the European trading companies, still line one side of the river opposite the ultra modern Pudong District. Shanghai is a fascinating city to explore. Thousands of Marines, soldiers and sailors served in China since the start of the Yangtze Patrol in 1954. Those “Old” China Hands, prior to WWII, gave birth to the legends of “China Duty.” When one thinks about the Boxer Rebellion or American forces in China before WWII, it is of the Marines at Shanghai and Peking and the US Navy’s gunboats assigned to the Yangtze Patrol and South China Patrol.
Throughout your trip, you will be delighted to recognize the places you have read about in this legendary land and seen during the 2008 Olympics. Don’s miss the Three Jewels of China brought to you as only the Military Historical Tours can.
• First class business class round trip airfare for two to Beijing (based on availability)
• Deluxe hotel accommodations
• Air conditioned motor-coach
• Meals as indicated
• Historical trip information packet and maps
• Emergency medical evacuation and hospitalization insurance
• Admission fees to all sites and attractions
• Services of experienced tour leaders and English-speaking local guides
• Summer Palace with its famed lakes, pavilions and palace
• Giant Pandas at the Beijing Zoo
• Legation Street tour, area under siege during the Boxer Rebellion
• Tian An Men Square • Forbidden City and Palace Museum
• Hutong tour with rickshaw journey
• Silk workshop experiences
• Great Wall of China
• Bullet Train to Xian
• City Wall, Wild Goose Buddhist Temple and rum Tower
• Terracotta Warriors tour and museum visit
• Landmark TV Tower – panoramic view of all Shanghai
• Shanghai Museum
• Shopping along Nanjing Road
• POW camp visit at the end of the Huangpu River
• Yu Yuan Gardens
Donors: Military Historical Tours, United Airlines
Exciting, classic and very special! Travel to France as a guest of Airbus – five (5) night stay in country for two (2). This trip offers everything – it is customizable to the desires and preferences of the winning bidder. Enjoy the historic beauty of Carcassonne, a French fortified city located in the Aude plain between historic trade routes, linking the Atlantic to the Mediterranean sea and the Massif central to the Pyrenees. It remains the largest walled city in Europe with its cidadel dating back to the Gallo – Roman period of medieval times. It is one of UNESCO’s World Heritage sites and is home to some great wine-making! Not to mention your experience in Toulouse, the center of the European aerospace industry and the largest space center in Europe. With a history dating back to the 5th century, Toulousse features unique architecture made of pinkish terracotta bricks, earning it the nickname, La Ville Rose – the Pink City. Side trips, touring, dining, and so much more.
Here is the basic outline:
• A five (5) night stay in country (Toulouse) for two
• Airbus Factory Tour – A380 and A350 FAL tours!
• An excursion to the beautiful medieval city of Carcassonne
• A city tour of Toulouse
• Dinner with an Airbus executive/host
• A two (2) night stay in Paris for two
This is a one-of-a-kind experience filled with lasting memories.
Ford Island is a Military Installation and as such requires Military Identification to enter the base. If you do not have Military Identification please be prepared to provide your Full Name, Date of Birth, and last four digits of your SSN for yourself and each guest not possessing Military Identification or notify JoBeth Marihugh at 808-892-3345 / JoBeth.Marihugh@PearlHaborAviationMuseum.org NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 15, 2018.
The mission of Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum is to develop and maintain an internationally recognized aviation museum on Ford Island that educates young and old alike, honors aviators and their support personnel who defended freedom in the Pacific Region and to preserve Pacific aviation history.
Phone: (808) 892-3345
Historic Ford Island, 319 Lexington Boulevard, Honolulu, Hawaii 96818